Thursday, July 2, 2009

What the eyes can't see 12

Now I come to one of the most rebellious and disturbing years in my life, one filled with anger and feud. I had moved from a year of little or no remembrance to one packed with vengeance and mayhem. I transferred to a technical school, and was rebelling against all forms of discipline both at school and home. At the end of the first term I had an encounter with one of my teachers and decided that I would not go back, so for the full term that followed I skipped school, and became highly proficient in Pinball, Snooker and Foosball. It was not until a friend had come to visit in the holidays and asked my mom what school I was going to, that I was found out. It was decided that I would return to school for the rest of that year and then be sent to another the following year.
My mother by now, had all but given up on me and thought I was on drugs, she could no longer cope and I was sent to stay at a friends place, who's mother said she would sort me out. There were seven children in that family six boys and a girl, the living conditions were cramped, and the discipline, regimental to say the least. This home was the epitome of a military base, orders were given and carried out with exacting standards and no deviance was accepted. We washed, ironed, waxed and polished, not daring to question or answer back for fear of reprisal. What had put me in this situation? How did I get myself into this? What forces were at work in my life, and where did all this hatred come from?

No comments:

Post a Comment