Thursday, July 2, 2009

What the eyes cant see 13

What a year! One not easily forgotten, I could probably write an entire novel of this sordid period of my life. Most amazingly it ended on a positive note, it turned out to be one of my most outstanding academic achievements of my school career. I was back home and everything was going to be good, life wasn't all bad and the sun shone bright some days. It was the beginning of the summer holidays and instead of feeling full of the joys of life, I was feeling apprehensive and had a strange feeling of emptiness, I had noticed this feeling before but it had never bothered me. The holidays were over so soon almost as if they had not begun, I had spent most of it playing snooker at a local club.
Once again I began the year at a new school and as things worked out this was my last year, and with hind sight, probably my most enjoyable. An amazing thing happened about half way into the first term; one of the guys from my class invited me to a scripture union meeting, at the end of which I gave my life to the Lord. What do I mean ? Exactly what I am saying, all my problems, my questions, my sorrows, my burdens, all my sins and even the good stuff not that there was much of that. I asked Him to forgive me for all my sins and to come into my life and remould it in accordance to His will. I accepted the fact that Jesus had died to pay the price for my iniquities, at that time I did not fully understand the implications of my actions, but knew it was the right thing to do. And so what happened? Well at the time very little, but read on, your eyes may be opened.

No comments:

Post a Comment