Wednesday, July 8, 2009

What the eyes can't see 18

For years since the late seventies God convicted me to be baptized but obviously He never spoke loud enough, and for many years the assembly where I worshiped had other views than mine on the subject. By June of last year God started to raise His voice and by February my eardrums were bursting I was loosing sleep and everyone around me gave there ten cents as to what I should do, eventually on the 15th of February I capitulated and was baptized in the ocean by my son in law and started getting a lot more sleep. Then there was the drinking, I only drank beer and I must say I really enjoyed it. Of late I only drank a few, never with the intent of becoming intoxicated just for refreshment and pleasure, and so what happens, God starts to convict me on the last of my pleasures. Lastly there was the matter of my anger and of a tangible sign from God to ensure that this is all real.
Well let me tell what I have found of late, God was always speaking loud and clear, it was my ears that were blocked, he was always there, it was not God who had strayed it was me, and the sign that I had been looking for its been there all along, right in my heart but my eyes had been closed. Now when God talks I listen, and when I ask a question and take the time to listen, God answers, maybe not always with what I want to hear, but an answer none the less.
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord. (ISA 55:8)

No comments:

Post a Comment