Friday, June 26, 2009

What the eyes can't see 9

By the time we had arrived at the campsite my mind was abuzz with all the new stories and strange emotional feelings experienced on the trip. We unpacked and then all assembled in the dining area to enjoy some biscuits and cold drinks, this not before giving thanks to the Lord? The only other recognizable form of prayer I can recall prior to this was when my mother would occasionally sing the the poem of Christopher Robin to me, without any explanation I must add, but the words have always stayed with me. "Hush! Hush! Whisper who dares! Christopher Robin is saying his prayers". This, as I only recently found out is a poem written by Alan Alexander Milne of Winnie the Pooh fame about his son. For those interested in the life story of the son go to
."http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Robin_Milne.
After drinks we went down to the beach where I found myself sitting on the rocks discussing some of the stories I had heard on the bus, with one of the young adult camp leaders. I had so many questions to ask, but all he seemed to want to talk about was the death of Jesus, and all I wanted to know was how this guy "Noah" fitted all the animals into a boat, and where all the water in the flood came from? He admitted he did not know all the answers, but said that if it was recorded in the bible, then he believed it. He pointed to the ocean and said that it and all the contents there in were made by God, as well as everything else that the eye could see and even that which was not visible, all was created by Him and for Him, and this all in only six days.Who was he trying to fool? Did he think I was from another planet?



No comments:

Post a Comment