Monday, June 22, 2009

What the eyes can't see 4

As I walked down the dimly lit corridors, adorned with intricately carved and glazed display boxes, stopping at each box to marvel at its contents, then reading the accompanying inscriptions, bits of the puzzle slowly seemed to be falling into place. There was so much to see, so many documents to be read and in some cases audio tracts of sounds and explanations as to the content of the displays to be heard.

One display showed clearly how fish had upwardly evolved, there right before my eyes I could see how the fins had become legs and the preserved fish like creature, or perhaps a moulded replica thereof crawled out onto dry land. From there other life forms could be seen to have evolved up to, and including what I would imagine was the first bird. (Archeopteryx)

All these creatures as well as many vivid artist impressions showing great detail were on display, it boggled the mind to think that such accurate reflections could be attained, when these creatures were no longer around to be studied. Some exhibits were so life-like that I found myself literally holding my breath and waiting for them to move. Many of these thought provoking displays would change the course of my future perceptions in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment