Thursday, June 25, 2009

What the eyes can't see 8

The New Year had dawned and I could not help but wonder what it held in store for me, the holidays were nearing an end and another daunting scholarly year laid ahead. Somewhere deep down inside I had a feeling that this would be a year of revelation. I remember constantly reminiscing about that barnyard scene, in the corner under our Christmas tree, for most of the first term of school, I pondered as to it's meaning. Why had I never noted it before and why had no one explained its meaning?
The Easter holidays were just around the corner and I loved chocolate, this holiday was going to be great, I had been invited to attend a camp and could not wait. It was a church camp, and the best part of all was, no parents. I was brought up in a secular home with good morals, we were taught to honor and obey our parents and to show respect toward others. We never went to church, we were sent to church, however up till this stage I had not gone to a Sunday school class, we would assist in the church by distributing the hymn books and pamphlets before the service then hang around in the grounds and pack away again after the service.
The day arrived and I felt my heart miss a beat as I climbed onto the bus, I was having mixed emotions those of pent up excitement and fears of uncertainty. The other kids on the bus were different, they spoke of strange people and places, sang songs, clapped hands, and just seemed way to happy for my liking.
Strange people and places

JESUS ? DAVID ? GOLIATH?
NOAH ? DANIEL? and others.

BETHLEHEM ? JORDAN ?
CALVARY and the cross?

No comments:

Post a Comment